Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm the Dance Captain

...DC for short.

It has been an intense week here in Lafayette. We are in the midst of a two-week staging process, which is dangerously short for Figaro. Add crawfish into the mix, and, well, you've got a busy week.

Tonight we are learning the Act III wedding dance. The dance is always challenging, and this one seems to be more complex than I am used to...or, I'm getting older. It is going pretty well, but every time I get to my line 'un biglietto amoroso' all I can do is stand like an oaf and try to come in on time- my suave dancing skills (that's right) go right out the window. Ah well, it's a good thing we have six weeks of staging- ha!

Gotta get back to staging more later...

I'll try to be better about entries- I don't want to disappoint my readership of one!

AW

No comments:

Post a Comment