Monday, July 27, 2009

Movin' on

Thank you all so much for the comments and support you have given me this past week.  It means a lot to me to have such great colleagues and friends!  

Well, our second performance went way better than any of us expected.  We hadn't done the show in over a week, and as I said, we had a different conductor than opening night.  First of all, let me say that it is extremely challenging to do a show without the benefit of momentum.  You have to just jump in headfirst and hope you can get back the show you had.  When I heard the overture start up, I started feeling that opening night adrenaline again (it sort of felt like opening all over again in a way, although without a tech week.....weird), but it definitely took the first scene (if not the first act) to feel like I was doing our show again.  I think we were all in the same boat (orchestra included) and we all dealt with it well.  In a way, it was kind of cool.  Some of the scenes felt maybe a little more spontaneous since we barely remembered what the H we were supposed to be doing.  Our new conductor took over the reigns exceedingly well.  What could have been a scary situation was handled beautifully by him.  His stick is very easy to follow and his retention of our tempi was spot-on.  I went home to Minnesota last week for fun times up north.  Needless to say, between the beer, brats, and playing around in the lake, I felt like I hadn't sung in a year.  oof.  It went fine, vocally speaking, but I gotta keep up the singing this week!

Our next show is not until next Saturday...This is the weirdest schedule in the world.  

There is a great timeline of the entire Skylight debacle here.  Thanks again to Tony Clements for all his diligent blogging of the situation.  

Here is a fun clip of excerpts from the production of Figaro I did in Vermont.  Other than my rotundity and shameless overacting, I think it looks and sounds pretty good.  I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing.  



AW

 

No comments:

Post a Comment