Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1st day of school

Getting started is usually the hardest part of putting a show together. We dove in today though and did good work. It helps that I've worked with this Skylight crew a ton of times and so has my Susanna- plus, the atmosphere here at Skylab is so welcoming it's usually pretty easy to break the ice.

It's great to come back here and tell this story in the context of both operas. There are a few subtle (and not-so-subtle) tie-ins to Barber that are really cool.

I'm still really fried from yesterday's drive and whirlwind rehearsals. Today we staged the first scene and I had an hour-and-a-half costume fitting. Yikes. There's nothing like looking into a mirror for that long to remind you of all the Christmas Calories you just consumed. Oof.

On that note, I think I'll head to the gym....or maybe I'll try to scrounge up a beer.

Cheers, big ears.
AW

No comments:

Post a Comment