Friday, January 29, 2010

The Final Countdown

...cue the synthesizer brass.

It's opening night for this, the final chapter in my year of Figaro. Oh, don't get all teary already, I've got twelve, count 'em twelve of these bad boys to do before calling it quits, but it all starts tonight.

I had a moment of panic the other day when I thought, "Holy crap, am I just phoning in this character?" After doing it all year long, it has become quite comfortable, and I was worried that maybe I was mistaking my comfort in the role for listlessness. I don't think that is the case- at least I hope not!

I can tell it is a performance day, because I'm starting to get those pre-show jitters already. It's a good sign. I'm going to savor these twelve performances. Who knows when I'll get a chance to sing this glorious music again? I'm going to let the last 10 months inform my choices on stage and let this run be a celebration- a culmination of all my experiences this year. I couldn't ask for a better place or better colleagues to do it.


AW

1 comment: