Monday, January 4, 2010

Once more into the breach...

Well, I'm back at Skylab and it feels like I never left. And I'm back to The Marriage of Figaro. Ditto the feeling like I never left. I've said this before, but I never get tired of this music. It always makes me happy.

We had a recit call this afternoon where we tweaked word changes (there are some hilarious lines in this translation- I'll have to make a greatest hits compilation) and talked cuts. Then a company meeting where the designers got a chance to say a few words about the production and the volunteers and staff graciously brought in delicious eats for us.

Then we sang the whole darn opera tonight. Dag blaggit that Mozart knew what he was doing. I am so grateful that my job allows me to show up, take a seat and sing a totally gorgeous piece of music. It makes the hurt of leaving home slightly more manageable (slightly).

Nothing, however makes the hurt of driving 5 hours and singing two rehearsals go away (esp that stretch between Tomah and Madison- yikes).

On that note, readership, I bid you good night. I may have to visit Edna for a Plaza Pleaser tomorrow morning.

AW

No comments:

Post a Comment